The past decade has seen an explosion in start-up businesses specialising in food and drink. Here's some cogent advice and insights from Jeremy Torz, co-founder, Union Hand-Roasted Coffee in the UK, on growing such endeavours the right way.
Welcome to DRINKStuff SA! Where you will find lots of stuff - interesting, relevant, provocative stuff - about FMCG beverages, both at home and cherry-picked from around the globe.
When a giant food company invests $32-million in a startup focusing on personalized nutrition – as Campbell’s recently has – then you know that “personalization” has reached its tipping point. This is a key trend identified in New Nutrition Business' annual report, 10 Key Trends in Food, Nutrition and Health 2017.
Soylent is Silicon Valley's bluntest and blandest attempt toon the premise that "food really is made of chemicals; it is reducible, we can build it back up; we can change it, and we can make it better". It recently learnt the hard way that food is not so simple.
The SA Breweries you knew and loved, which listed on the JSE back in 1897, is no more. After Anheuser-Busch InBev’s $109bn takeover last month, apprehension is stalking the corridors of the SA beer icon. But for new boss Carlos Brito, the numbers will trump all.
Two fast-track, better-for-you beverage upstarts in America did well this week. Bai and KeVita are, respectively, to be fully acquired by benefactors, Dr Pepple Snapper and PepsiCo.
When trying to keep wine fresh after being opened, it's important to limit the wine's exposure to oxygen left inside the bottle.
The definition of innovation is often synonymous with such words as revolution, transformation and breakthrough. At the Coca-Cola. the definition has less to do with such descriptors and more to do with meeting the needs of consumers, says its North America chief.
Growing calls for transparency throughout the supply chain are taking clean and clear label to a new and supreme level. This comes as the inherent benefits of plant-based products are being active marketed to a more health conscious consumers. “Clean Supreme” and “Disruptive Green” lead’ Top Ten Trends list for 2017.
More Articles ...
- Danone SA launches innovative hybrid 'man's drink'
- Which kind of milk is more nutritious: almond, soy, coconut or cashew?
- Winners of the World Beverage Innovation Awards 2016
- A bottled water sourced 100% from fruit and vegetables
- What's trending in wine packaging in SA and elsewhere?
- Texture is biggest challenge for sugar reduction in sweetened beverages
- Afriplex on mission to develop a South African stevia
- Taste: Taking on too much with Starbucks and Domino's?
- Clover Care, new enriched milk in South Africa
- New Coke flavour débuts in Oz