There are few things more more ritualistic—and to many, more sacred—than a morning cup of joe. Despite warnings from doctors over the years that coffee may be hard on the body, research is showing that coffee may have net positive effects on the body after all.
Welcome to DRINKStuff SA! Where you will find lots of stuff - interesting, relevant, provocative stuff - about FMCG beverages, both at home and cherry-picked from around the globe.
A UK-based disposables manufacturer has developed a novel range of edible straws, which consumers can eat – rather than discard – after use.
By definition, craft beverages are small-batch drinks and owned independently -- but in some cases, the breweries that make them eventually flourish and become so successful that they’re considered bigger brands.
A state-of-the-art high-pressure processing/pasteurisation ‘tollgate’ has opened in Midrand. What’s all the excitement about? HPP technology, long and slow to take off, has become a game-changer for the food and beverage industry and is gaining rapid momentum worldwide.
red espresso, the innovators behind South Africa’s popular rooibos red cappuccino, have added a new item to the premium gourmet beverage market with the launch of instant red cappuccino.
Euromonitor International discusses five key trends that are shaping global coffee pods, including the growing power of Nestlé and JAB Holdings and the importance of addressing sustainability concerns... (Video)
A European team of researchers led by the University of Parma, inspired by the properties of the Lotus leaf, is developing what it claims is the first ever fluid‐repellent, antibacterial metal surfaces in the food and beverage industry.
Distell has added a new variant to its popular Hunter’scider brand, the leading one in Africa, which it has dubbed "an innovative new hybrid category breaker, for those who want to discover something different".
More Articles ...
- What science says about getting the most out of your tea
- Distell's Autumn Harvest Crackling now in cans
- Distell releases 400 000 bespoke Amarula bottles
- These tiny edible water bottles are almost completely pointless
- Taste: Taking on too much with Starbucks and Domino's?
- Clover Care, new enriched milk in South Africa
- New Coke flavour débuts in Oz
- Woolworths launches SA's first plant-based milk bottle
- PepsiCo sets new global target to reduce sugar in soft drinks
- The brand behind 'the world’s first see-through coffee'