Last year R1.78bn of Scotch was imported to SA, indicating how it has become the tipple of choice for a wide cross-section of South Africans.
Welcome to DRINKStuff SA! Where you will find lots of stuff - interesting, relevant, provocative stuff - about FMCG beverages, both at home and cherry-picked from around the globe.
The new year is here and with it comes another new season of food trend forecasts. Analysts atin the US have come up with this handy round up to help you find your way through all of that clutter and make sense of the new trends that are the most important to you and your customers.
It's time to be introduced to Food Focus,, which, dear reader, is a place to visit and bookmark if you are involved in any way in producing or marketing food and drinks in South Africa, or servicing those industries.
Brewing giant Anheuser-Busch InBev and coffee purveyor Keurig Green Mountain have formed a joint venture to develop an in-home system that would focus on beer, cocktails and other alcoholic beverages.
Firmenich has announced cucumber as the 2017 “Flavour of the Year” based on its growing appeal - demand for refreshing, clean, and healthy food and beverages is driving cucumber’s surge in popularity.
Though different wine packages have their pros and cons, few of them can say they are as uniquely functional as a bottle developed by London’s Garcon Wines – a company which has unveiled a flat plastic wine bottle specially designed to slip through a mail slot.
More Articles ...
- How to scale up an artisanal food or drink business
- Ten Key Trends in Food, Nutrition and Health 2017
- Inside the new SAB: How the good times ended for SABMiller
- Taste: Taking on too much with Starbucks and Domino's?
- Clover Care, new enriched milk in South Africa
- New Coke flavour débuts in Oz
- Woolworths launches SA's first plant-based milk bottle
- PepsiCo sets new global target to reduce sugar in soft drinks
- The brand behind 'the world’s first see-through coffee'
- Why craft is the US liquor industry's next big thing